Thursday, October 24, 2013

Classic Roast Chicken


Who doesn't love roast chicken?  It's easy, delicious, makes the house smell almost like Thanksgiving and my kids will gobble it up.  This is how I usually serve ours, but sometimes I switch it up and add lemons and potatoes and glorious white wine.

Classic Roast Chicken

INGREDIENTS

3 1/2 lb. chicken
olive oil
butter
thyme
salt & pepper
garlic powder
onion powder
grape tomatoes
green beans
carrots

DIRECTIONS
  • pre-heat your oven to 425
  • chop up your carrots and toss them with olive oil, salt, pepper, onion and garlic powder and roast for 15 minutes
  • meanwhile cover the chicken with some olive oil, butter, thyme, salt, pepper, onion and garlic powder then place in the same dish with the  par roasted carrots
  • cook for 45 minutes or until cooked through
  • you can either roast the green beans and tomatoes in the same dish as the chicken and carrots, or what I do, is while the chicken is resting on a cutting board, I saute the green beans and tomatoes in olive oil with salt and pepper in a frying pan



6 comments:

  1. Everything looks so delicious! I shouldn't read food posts while I'm hungry. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elizabeth, and I do the same thing! Love your blog... I went to college in NC and now live in TX :-)

      Delete
  2. So simple but I bet it's incredibly delicious. My husband cooks a mean roast chicken too. Your photos make my mouth water, Abby!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can't really go wrong with a roast chicken right??!! All this talk about it this morning and I just got back from the HEB to make this tonight :-) Seriously, thank you for pinning everything!

      Delete